Solvay Specialty Polymers is looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to support the Automotive market segments in EMEA.
This position will be physically located in North of Milan
• Master degree in Mechanical Engineering/Material Science/Chemical engineering or equivalent gained from past experience working with polymers.
• Knowledge in polymer melt processing technologies: injection molding, extrusion, compression molding, and others (blow molding, coatings, etc.).
• Understanding with numerical simulation tools (injection molding simulation, FEA) is a plus.
• Strong analytical skills, technically-oriented.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time which may include international travel.
• English and German language is mandatory, French language is a plus
• Providing support to our Automotive customers for their application development projects together with the Sales Development and Key Account Managers: provide guidance with polymer material selection and validation, tooling and processing assistance, metal to plastic conversion, as well as product design and simulation support.
• Provide customer feedback on market trends to initiate new product developments together with our R&D department and provide marketing support to guarantee business success of new products launched.
• Generate and gather material data to support new applications, coordinate work with internal and externals labs to complete datasets, write technical literature, and participate in marketing activities (seminars, conferences, tech-days, etc.).
• Collaboratively interact and share expertise with the Technical Marketing community Worldwide.