VTK Gent VZW collects (privacy-sensitive) information that you provide to us or that we learn about you from your use of our website https://vtk.ugent.be
VTK Ghent VZW values the privacy of her partners & members and makes every effort to ensure the protection of personal information.
This privacy was last updated on November 25th, 2018.
Use of Personal Data
By using our services, you are providing certain (personal) data to us. We only retain and use the personal data provided directly by you or for which it is clear that it has been supplied to us to be processed. This privacy statement is primarily directed to those using our website as a private person or on behalf of an association.
We process the following data when you make use of our website and facilities:
Your personal data will be automatically deleted 7 years after discontinuation of your membership. Should you have any questions regarding the removal of your personal data, feel free to contact us via:
- Name, to identify your membership
- Address, to identify your membership
- Gender, to identify your membership
- Date and place of birth, to identify your membership
- Field of study, to identify your membership
- Phone number, to contact you in case we consider this necessary
- User name, as a unique identification when you log in to our website and your account
- E-mail address, to inform you about updates regarding your account and activities you have registered for
- UGent student number, to facilitate logging in to the authentication system of the University of Ghent
- Activities you have registered for, to facilitate the organisation of our activities
- Your sports preferences, to inform you about updates regarding relevant sport activities
- Shifts you have registered for, to facilitate the organisation of our activities
- Books/Course notes you have ordered, so we are able to correctly be of service to you when you order books/course notes through VTK Gent
- Curriculum Vitae, to distribute these among our partners when you give explicit consent for this. After removing the Curriculum Vitae from the VTK website, partners may still be in possesion up to 1 year
Our specific purposes
The data you provide to us will only be used for practical purposes. Under no circumstances will your data be passed along to third parties without your permission, with the exception of the following third parties.
Providing Data to Third Parties
Personal data mentioned in e-mails is passed along to the board of VTK Gent VZW.
Personal data mentioned on invoices is passed along to our accountant and to the board of VTK Gent VZW. This personal information includes the following:
As the official student association of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture at Ghent University, VTK Gent VZW can be accountable to pass certain personal data along to Ghent University or associated organisation : "FaculteitenKonvent Gent".
- E-mail address and (if necessary) phone number
- Possibly (if given) VAT number of your association
This personal information can include name, student number and address.
To be able to send a large amount of e-mails, we sometimes make use of an other service: "MailChimp". When using this, it is possible that your e-mail address is passed along to them.
We take security measures to reduce unauthorised access and abuse of personal data. We take the following measures:
Changes to this Privacy Statement
- Access to personal data is only possible through the General Meeting of VTK Gent VZW. For this, the person in question needs to be logged in.
- Access to personal data requires the use of username and password.
We reserve the right to modify this policy. We recommend that you review this statement regularly, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Inspection and Modification of Your Data